Monday, September 29, 2008

Relief Society Conference

I am so grateful for the beautiful messages of those that spoke at the Relief Society Conference. I especially feel that the message from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf was very inspiring. These were some of my favorite quotes:
“The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. Sisters, trust and rely on the spirit as you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness. You improve not only the world around you but also the world within you.”

“When we reach out to bless the lives of others our own lives are blessed as well.”

“As you draw closer to {God} in faith, hope, and charity things will work together for your good.”

I feel like I've been caught up in thinking too much about myself lately and really needed to hear the words that were said at this conference. I'm so grateful to be a member of the LDS church and to learn more ways of how to come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope I can be better from what I have learned and think more of others than of myself. I'm so grateful for those of you who have been good examples to me of selflessness and who have been good friends to me. You woman are awesome and have accomplished so much!!! I hope you all have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

Fritters said...

I enjoyed the conf. too! I appreciated the same talk. I like how he told us to create things like Heavenly Father does.